Bronze Circle of Quality
The Bronze Circle of Quality in ExceleRate Illinois recognizes staff qualifications and professional development, with completion of a robust series of trainings for teachers and program administrators. In addition to being Illinois Department of Children and Family Services (IDCFS) licensed, a program needs to complete the Licensed Child Care Center Application. Bronze Circle trainings prepare programs for success as they progress through the Circles of Quality.
What can Licensed Child Care Centers do to prepare for the application process? Check out these helpful tips (760 KB) !
These requirements are detailed on the Bronze Circle of Quality chart. (192 KB) You can connect with a Quality Specialist at your local Child Care Resource and Referral (CCR&R) Agency for free technical assistance and consultation services. Download a Bronze Training Tracker (306 KB) to help track your programs training completion toward the Bronze Circle of Quality.
After requirements are met, your site can apply for the Bronze Circle of Quality. Programs achieving the Bronze Circle of Quality can hold it for three years. During the three years, your program will need to complete an annual report every 12 months updating program information and can work towards achieving the Silver Circle of Quality. The Bronze Circle of Quality cannot be renewed.
Gateways Credentials (i.e. ECE Credential Levels 3-5, Infant Toddler Credential Levels 3-5 and the Illinois Director Credential Levels I-III) meet the following ExceleRate Illinois training requirements (across all circles of quality):
- Finding a Curriculum that Works for You
- Introduction to Developmental Screening Tools
- Fundamentals of Child Assessment
- Welcoming Each & Every Child
- Family and Community: Partners in Learning
- An Introduction to Transitions
- Understanding and Planning for Continuous Quality Improvement
- Basics of Culturally and Linguistically Appropriate Practice
- Creating Individual Professional Development Plans