Awards of Excellence
Once a program has achieved the Gold Circle of Quality designation they are able to begin work toward an Award of Excellence. These are based on what research says is required to help at-risk children be prepared for success in school and life, and include awards for:
- Preschool Teaching & Learning
- Infant & Toddler Services
- Family and Community Engagement
- Inclusion of Children with Special Needs
- Linguistically and Culturally Appropriate Practice
Supports are available to assist programs working toward an Award of Excellence. View the specific award page for web links and contacts.
At this time Awards of Excellence applications are no longer being accepted. The state is currently conducting a Validation Study in order to determine next steps for the Tier 5 of ExceleRate Illinois.
To learn more about the Awards of Excellence view this one hour webinar.